You can now stop counting the calories you consume because the following grapefruit mixture can burn 50% of them. Grapefruit is a subtropical citrus fruit which is widely praised for its distinctive sour to semi-sweet taste.
Grapefruits are extremely low in calories, but, on the other hand, they are abundant in nutrients. This fruit is a great source of vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin B1, pantothenic acid, dietary fiber, copper, potassium, phosphorus, magnesium, manganese, zinc, iron, and biotin. Furthermore, grapefruits contain limonoids and lycopene, which are exceedingly beneficial phytochemicals.
Grapefruit and Weight Loss
Namely, grapefruits can help you burn calories and lose weight because of the following reasons:
1. Provide a Feeling of Satiety – the fiber content of grapefruit will keep you full for longer periods of time, and thus, keep you away from food and additional calories.
2. Control Blood Sugar Levels – the grapefruit’s compounds can decrease insulin levels, which will lead to using food as a source of energy, rather than storing it as fat.
3. Contain Pectin and Lycopene – the pectin content will reduce the levels of cholesterol, triglycerides, and insulin, whereas the lycopene will eliminate toxins and other harmful substances from the body.
4. Include Nootkatone – this component significantly boosts the fat burning process, by stimulating the activity of the activated protein kinase (APK), and may also reduce stomach fat.
Therefore, we present you the grapefruit mixture that will not only burn the calories you eat but also boost your overall health. Here’s the recipe:
The Grapefruit Mixture for Burning Calories
- 1 large, cold, ripe grapefruit
- 1 tablespoon of organic honey
The method of preparation is really simple. First, cut the grapefruit into two halves. Then, with a spoon, remove the pulp from the halves. Next, combine the pulp and the honey in a blender and blend until you get a smooth and homogeneous mixture.
Consume this drink 30 minutes after lunch and it will burn the calories you have eaten.